Sunday, 28 February 2010

Good News!

As you might know (if you read "The Future") I'm 18 years old tomorrow. And if I'm honest, I was quite scared about becoming 18 because it means that lots of things are going to change and my life wasn't exactly what I would have called 'on track' anyway.

But on Friday night, after a horrible day of speaking to my facourite teacher about my future who wasn't very helpful, and then hiding in the girls' toilets multiple times so that no-one knew that I was been crying, I recieved an email off UCAS saying that my application had been updated. I was only waiting on one university - York - and I was convinced that I wasn't going to get in. I nervously logged onto UCAS and completely lost my breath from shock and happiness as I saw "Conditional" next to my application to York. York! Kerchiing! Although the grades from my conditional offer are higher than I am predicted, I'm over the moon that I got a conditional offer in the first place and I am going to work as hard as I possibly can to get the grades I need.

So, my weekend started very well. I was now 'on track' and my future as I had imagined it was still in tact. On Saturday, I went shopping with my Mom to find a dress for the joint birthday party I'm hvaing with my two best friends. I found a beautiful dress and shoes for my party, and my Mom also bought me a different dress just for going out in general that I might wear tomorrow when I go for a meal with my family. Although I had two of my friends bitching because of this damn party, like I knew they would, I told them we'd sort it on Monday and then ignored the texts after that. And although my mom lost her purse, we found it with everything still in it so that was fine. So it was quite a successful and enjoyable day. I do love my Mother's company.

So right now, I'm not dreading my birthday, like I was, so that's a start. I'm sure I'll have an enjoyable day really. But at least it's looking better than it was.

I have the best family and friends in the whole wide world. Even though my drunk bothers woke me up last night by ringing me and asking me to pick them up from the pub, and when I refused, they asked me to bring their shoes outside and take their trainers in so that they could go into town. The cheek! But I suppose they've done a lot for me. And their constant flow of terrible jokes keeps the whole world amused. As long as they don't push it too far!
Yes, I do love my family and friends.


Life is good!

I hope yours is too.

Don't forget to say "White Rabbits" tomorrow!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment